SENIOR UX RESEARCHER
Like the immortal tugboat, we’re passionate about guiding you through the rough seas of information security and privacy into the calm waters of proven policies, practices, and compliance.
Tugboat Logic by OneTrust makes information security and compliance accessible to all businesses. The platform has helped over 1000 companies get and stay compliant. It leverages deep experience in security to demystify compliance and automates mission-critical tasks that cost too much time and money, like policy management and audit readiness. And with almost 100 integrations, Tugboat Logic puts evidence collection on autopilot. By offering the most comprehensive library of standards and regulations, Tugboat Logic scales with businesses as their InfoSec programs become more sophisticated. Get secure, build trust, and sell more with Tugboat Logic.
Let’s help you launch your career with Tugboat Logic! We are looking for a new crew member to join our Product Team in Canada as the Senior UX Researcher.
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Senior UX Researcher will work with UX designers, Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize customer-focused solutions and implement feedback to enhance the product. You will gather user feedback to help understand perspectives, behaviours, and goals and utilize these insights to help improve interface designs that offer an interactive and engaging user experience.
- Collaborate with UX designers to perform various research activities such as customer interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
- Find and manage research participants.
- Create and share artifacts such as usability studies, wireframes, journey and experience maps, personas, slide decks, and other artifacts that make findings accessible, actionable, and contextual to product use cases.
- Actively seek out stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the product and areas of opportunity.
- Become an InfoSec domain knowledge expert.
- Educate sprint teams on which research methods and activities will uncover customers’ needs, behaviours, and motivations.
- Manage product usage analytics and reporting.
- Continually meet with the UX team to discuss, collaborate, and define patterns, research practices and design strategies.
- Advocate for users across stakeholder touchpoints using findings to drive features and debunk opinion-based design.
- You are a great facilitator and public speaker.
- An excellent and persuasive writer.
- You have at least three years of hands-on research experience working in a professional environment with skilled management and a well-defined UX process.
- You have a portfolio of UX research to share.
- You are driven by understanding user behaviour and have experience researching complex experiences.
- You are loyal to customers and are willing to fight for them pre, during and post sprint.
- You have experience with agile software development.
- You enjoy solving problems, learning, and collaborating with a design team to set the bar for meaningful experiences.
- You are resilient. You can manage multiple data sources, meet varying deadlines, and be realistic about project releases – you know where your efforts will make the most impact.
Tugboat Logic is growing fast, and we would love for you to join us on this journey. We are proud to provide an inclusive and supportive workplace where all our crew members can be their authentic selves every single day. As a diverse and inclusive organization, we consider all applicants for employment and certainly invite those who identify as members of under-represented communities to join our crew! If you have a disability, please let us know if there is anything we can do to make the interview process better for you – we are happy to accommodate.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At Tugboat Logic, we are committed to keeping our crew healthy and motivated to do the best work of their lives. We’ve built a place where people love to come to work, and we think you will too! Crew member benefits include:
- Flex working hours and 100% remote opportunities
- A Company provided laptop, monitor and peripherals
- Work from Home Allowance
- Unlimited annual vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Professional growth through Learning & Development
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Fantastic virtual and in-person team events, and
- A dynamic, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, disability status, or other differences. We are 100% committed to living our corporate values by acting with integrity, being open and transparent, building trusting relationships and fostering a positive and inclusive culture.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates in our great career opportunities. If you have the qualifications we are looking for and can rise to the challenge of living Tugboat Logic values, we will be in touch to schedule an interview.
The collection, use, and retention of personal information will be by Tugboat Logic, Inc.’s privacy policies and practices. By submitting your resume and personal data to Tugboat Logic, Inc., and participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information by Tugboat Logic, Inc. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.