Set sail with the Tugboat Logic Crew! We are looking for a new crew member to join our Engineering team in Canada as the Lead Scrum Master.
At Tugboat Logic (www.tugboatlogic.com) our mission is to make security a business advantage for every organization. As the “TurboTax” of InfoSec, our prime directive is to help our customers become secure and compliant quickly and painlessly by taking the mystery out of security compliance using automation, AI, and powerful workflows. As industry leaders we are looking for skilled, knowledgeable, and passionate individuals who thrive on solving the hard problems and fostering strong business relationships with our valued customers and partners. The role of Lead Scrum Master is dynamic, engaging, and challenging … read on to learn more!
As the Lead Scrum Master, you’ll head a small team of Scrum Masters, coaching them on Agile methodologies as needed. You’ll manage scrum teams, mentoring and motivating them, while facilitating meetings and eliminating team impediments. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with the product owners to perform backlog grooming, and ensuring Agile best practices are followed. You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You’ll help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints. If you’re a strong communicator, a capable leader and you’re invested in Agile frameworks, we’d like to meet you.
- Responsible for leading Scrum teams.
- Responsible for leading a small team of Scrum Masters.
- Serve as a liaison for his/her Scrum teams with all the project stakeholders.
- Work with product managers and development teams to assure requirements are captured and recorded using the appropriate agile methodology, such as Scrum, Kanban
- Work as a Scrum Master within the teams to effectively fulfill project objectives.
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Daily Stand-Ups, Product Demos and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Manage and effectively deliver features committed to for the Release.
- Support Product Owner in developing, maintaining and grooming Product Backlog.
- Remove impediments/blockers in order to keep teams productive.
- Identify and manage dependencies with other internal or external teams
- Support/Collaborate with team members to implement Agile/Scrum best practices.
- Prepare and collate project progress/status, issues & risks.
- Actively manage project risks and issues.
- Initiate, build, and maintain good relationships with other groups within Tugboat to help facilitate effective completion of project work.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Scrum Master experience using Agile methodologies in a software development environment, and experience heading a team of Scrum Masters.
- Experience starting new scrum teams and assisting existing scrum teams to better implement agile practices.
- Certified Scrum Master Certification.
- Strong technical aptitude and hands-on experience working with technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- High level of comfort with explicitly taking accountability and holding appropriate parties accountable.
- Experience with tools such as Confluence, JIRA.
- Adept at creating strong relationships that foster the spirit of innovation, improvement, and collaborative solutions and developments.
- Ability to quickly grasp technology concepts and communicate with teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead meetings.
Our expectations of this role are high, and we demand the best. In return, we provide a work environment that is professionally challenging, personally rewarding, and intellectually stimulating. Guided by strong leadership, we support initiative, encourage ambition, recognize, and reward talent through monetary incentives and opportunities for advancement.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A fun, fast-paced, and supportive work environment that respects everyone
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity,
- and celebrates success
- Competitive compensation commensurate with your experience and skills
- Full complement of benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Remote work environment where you work remotely but don’t feel remote (offices may reopen after COVID)