Set sail with the Tugboat Logic Crew! We are looking for new crew members to join our InfoSec Risk & Compliance team (otherwise known as Labs).
At Tugboat Logic (www.tugboatlogic.com) our mission is to make security a business advantage for every organization. As the “TurboTax” of infosec, our prime directive is to help our customers become secure and compliant quickly and painlessly by taking the mystery out of security compliance using automation, AI and powerful workflows. As industry leaders we are looking for skilled, knowledgeable and passionate individuals who thrive on solving the hard problems and fostering strong business relationships with our valued customers and partners. The role of JUNIOR TECHNICAL WRITER is dynamic, engaging and challenging … read on to learn more!
We are looking for a Junior Technical Writer that can meet customers’ needs, create and maintain the appropriate tone and accuracy in information systems while adhering to security standards and best practices.
You will engage with the Labs’ team to create engaging content, inform and guide customers within the platform. If you like to author clear, engaging written content, and have a passion for creating intuitive and delightful products, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
- Gather and report technical information from various sources to develop in-depth Security Assurance Platform content.
- Collaborate with Labs and other teams to determine how and what technical information is required in the content.
- Create, proofread, and edit material to ensure that security documentation is readable and usable.
- Perform content documentation quality assurance.
- Revise the text and make changes to the format and content to ensure that it adheres to the established standards and framework.
- Develop information security templates and security awareness materials.
- Research, write and edit materials related to IT processes, plans, procedures, reports, and technical publications.
- Discover strategies that reduce the need for lengthy technical documents.
- Assist in drafting and publishing information security blogs.
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of relevant, related experience
- You have a portfolio of writing samples to share
- You can maintain a high standard of writing and exercise quality control
- You have extreme attention to detail
- You are self-driven and highly accountable
- You are an effective communicator, writer, and editor
- You are intellectually curious and like to become an expert about your customer
- You work well in teams
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant field
Our expectations of this role are high, and we demand the best. In return, we provide a work environment that is professionally challenging, personally rewarding and intellectually stimulating. Guided by strong leadership, we support initiative, encourage ambition, recognize and reward talent through monetary incentives and opportunities for advancement.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A fun, fast-paced and supportive work environment that respects everyone
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success
- Competitive compensation commensurate with your experience and skills
- Full complement of benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Remote work environment where you work remotely but don’t feel remote (offices may reopen after COVID)
- Equity participation in the company, commensurate with your role
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Our crew is currently working remotely