Set sail with the Tugboat Logic Crew! We are looking for a few Instructional Designer rock stars with a strong appetite for explosive growth as we continue to make history in the world of InfoSec.
At Tugboat Logic (www.tugboatlogic.com), our mission is to make security a business advantage for every organization. As the “TurboTax” of InfoSec, our prime directive is to help our customers become secure and compliant quickly and painlessly by taking the mystery out of security compliance using automation, AI, and powerful workflows. As industry leaders, we are looking for skilled, knowledgeable, and passionate individuals who thrive on solving complex problems and fostering strong business relationships with our valued customers and partners. The role of INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER is dynamic, engaging, and challenging … read on to learn more!
The Instructional Designer will build and manage end-user training content to assist our customers and partners work effectively and efficiently in our Tugboat Logic platform. The instructional designer will work with subject matter experts to create innovative and engaging materials as well as drive a unified style for content created by other designers. The role of Instructional Designer is dynamic, interesting, and challenging … read on to learn more!
- Create and update training content to support Tugboat Logic’s customers, partners, and internal stakeholders on the Tugboat Logic platform
- Work with subject matter experts and source material to produce outlines, storyboards, transcripts, and other materials that express the basis for training materials
- Author and edit multi-modal content using video, animation, interactivity, and text to build engaging content that is suitable for a wide range of end-user audiences
- Collaborate with stakeholders and customers to proactively solve training problems with suggested customizations or other tactics that will promote the strength of the product offering
- Assist in the sales enablement process by providing technical knowledge about training and LMS platforms
- Utilize standard training development applications to bring content to life
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a unified style guide for training content
- Strong planning, research, estimating and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, collaborate with teammates, and fully deliver on all commitments to meet deadlines.
- Communicate complex technical concepts clearly and concisely in both written and graphical formats.
- Willingness to work with international teams and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and keep Tugboat Logic’s values and culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical-adjacent field (CIS, MIS, Engineering, etc.) or professional writing (technical communication, journalism)
- A strong academic or professional writing sample (will be requested during interviews)
- 3+ years of professional instructional design experience highly preferred
- 2+ years’ experience facilitating in-person training and events
- Comfortable/proficient in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
- 2+ years’ experience with gomo, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Cloud, Adobe Captivate, or other similar eLearning content builder
- Research/ academic background
- Comfort with advanced media skills (video production, image manipulation, video editing, audio editing)
- Agile development familiarity
- Self-starter/independent worker
- Strong information organization skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Experience Managing an LMS for usability, including course catalogue management and user management/assignment/tracking
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A fun, fast-paced, and supportive work environment that respects everyone
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity and celebrates success
- Competitive compensation commensurate with your experience and skills
- A full complement of benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A remote work environment where you work remotely but don’t feel remote (offices may reopen after COVID)