Let’s help you launch your career with Tugboat Logic! We are looking for a new crew member to join our operations team in Canada as the Business Systems Analyst – Financial Systems.
Small but mighty … tiny tugboats can maneuver huge ships … that’s what the crew at Tugboat Logic does time and again by leading our clients through to calm waters. Tugboat Logic sets the industry standard for InfoSec. Our mission is to make security a business advantage for every organization. As the “TurboTax” of information security, our prime directive is to help our clients take the misery and mystery out of security compliance. We demystify the dark art of building and managing InfoSec programs using automation, AI, and powerful workflows. Most importantly, we save our clients time and money and help them become secure and compliant quickly and painlessly! The role of Business Systems Analyst – Financial Systems is a critical role that will help the organization drive growth through strategic, financial, and operational leadership.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for the ownership and administration of all financial systems and ensuring all financial information data integrity. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the data flow between applications while maintaining a solid grasp of data conversion and reporting. You will assist in system administration and evolution, user and cross-functional financial systems support, integrations, and issue resolution processes.
- Responsible for the direct ownership of all Finance/Operations systems and integrations, including Salesforce CPQ, SaaSOptics, Chargify, Avalara, QBO, Stripe, etc.
- Researches and maintains knowledge of emerging new applications and strategies and their relative value against competitors and the benefit to the organization. Quickly assimilates new software applications and arrives at viable conclusions regarding their value to the organization
- Assists Finance with procurement of additional systems, including Sales Tax and Commissions software
- Provides information systems support to finance management related to download of data, data integrity review, data conversion and report writing to support decision making and planning
- Evaluate business processes, including anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Assists with implementing and maintaining system integrations and optimizations to streamline finance and operational processes
- Identifying and resolving risks in operational and financial processes; recommending, developing, and implementing controls to mitigate risk
- Acts as a resource in developing departmental operational policies, processes, procedures documentation, reviews and maintenance relating to financial information systems.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and conducts project analysis, user acceptance testing and integrated testing of all system functions and interfaces.
- Performs first and second-level application support for all existing applications, including monitoring application performance, problem diagnosis and resolution, application training, and updating and maintaining documentation.
- Other duties and ad hoc project work as required.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ, SaaSOptics, Chargify, Avalara, QBO, Stripe
- Working knowledge of SaaS Accounting and Finance metrics
- Strong experience with MS Excel preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile or sprint-based methodology
- Comfortable working with Mac OS and Google Drive
- Comfortable working with remote teams across Canada and the US
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask well across several different projects and support areas
- Ability to learn new concepts and applications for administering within a complex organization
- Solution-oriented problem-solving approach
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Brings a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to be flexible and pivot when necessary
- Very hands-on, ready to dive into the details
- Critical thinking skills to work through complex issues
- Driven by collaboration and teamwork
- Strong communication skills to be able to clearly explain their work to other parties
- Willingness and desire for continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and grow
- Embody and live the Tugboat values: integrity, transparency, trust, and positive culture
What you can expect from us …
- A fun, fast-paced, and supportive work environment that respects everyone
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity and celebrates success
- Competitive compensation commensurate with your experience and skills
- A full complement of benefits
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A remote work environment where you work remotely but don’t feel remote (offices may reopen after COVID)
Our expectations of this role are high, and we demand the best. In return, we provide a work environment that is professionally challenging, personally rewarding, and intellectually stimulating. Guided by strong leadership, we support the initiative, encourage ambition, recognize, and reward talent (monetary incentives and opportunities for advancement).
This position will stay open until a new crew member is brought onboard. We want to thank everyone for their application; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be per Tugboat Logic, Inc.’s privacy policies and practices. By submitting your resume and personal data to Tugboat Logic, Inc., and participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information by Tugboat Logic, Inc. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities.